Saturday 4 April 2009

ASK, Muswell Hill

ASK
Muswell Hill Broadway








I opted to send this email whilst I was sitting at the restaurant with a beautiful young lady. I never use my phone at the table as my mother taught me that this was rude. However this day at Ask, Muswell Hill had to be an exception;

My email to Ask's Customer service:

I have been waiting exactly 28 minutes for my drinks order at your restaurant on Muswell Hill!
Only as I got up to leave did the manager decide to chase me, and then he brought my order!
As I sit in this restaurant, I can tell you that you have 28 customers and only two tables have food! The customers next to us tell me that they have been waiting for 45 minutes for their food!
The waitress has informed me she is the only waitress this evening and to be in for a long wait as their is only one chef! [this is rather odd as its 8pm on a Thursday]
It has now been 45 minutes since I placed my initial order!
In 15 minutes I shall be leaving, obviously paying for food which I strongly believe will not arrive.
You are very lucky to be on a street whereby you have no competition!

You have lost my patronage and I have lucked out on this evenings date! For being so rude on my phone
Best regards,

Guess what reply I received almost a week later? Was it an apology? Nope not at all this is what I recieved;

Dear Mr [Gumjoy]
Thank you for your letter regarding your visit to one of our restaurants.
Please could you confirm which restaurant you visited so I can forward your letter to the appropriate Operations Manager for investigation.
Many Thanks

WHAT? Confirm which restaurant I visited? Hello??? Did you even read my email. I say in the first line "your restaurant on Muswell Hill". At this point it has been almost a week and i am not that bothered. I ate my meal and the date ended up being successful, so I simply replied;

As stated earlier; MUSWELL HILL. Thanks for reading my email.

Finally a week later I received an apology;

Thank you for your email dated [two weeks ago], which has been passed to me following your visit to our Muswell Hill restaurant.
I was disappointed to read of the poor service you received on your visit, specifically the lack of attentiveness shown by the team, and the long wait you endured without communication from the Manager on Duty which resulted in further delays to you receiving your order.
All feedback is taken seriously, and I have investigated your comments with General Manager. I can assure you that the service you received was not indicative of our normal service standards, and appropriate action is being taken with the team on duty.
In addition, I am personally reviewing the staffing structure and recruitment needs to ensure that we can achieve the service and food standards we pride ourselves on.
On this occasion we have let you down, and by way of recompense, I would like to invite you back to ASK in Muswell Hill for a complimentary meal for two, to restore your faith in our service. If you are happy to accept, then please contact me directly on 07789 653479 and I will be happy to make a booking for you at a time and date convenient.
Thank you again for taking the time to write to us, and in the mean time if there is anything I can do to help, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Yours sincerely

Can you guess who sent this email? A P.A. to someone called Spencer. I am sorry but if a personal assistant is looking into the "staffing structure and the recruitment needs" I really wont be returning even if my next meal is free. Further they want me to send them an email before hand!!! I am pretty damn sure if I did that then my next pizza will be having some extra ingredients.

Come on Ask. Send me a coupon I can use at the end of the meal. Despite all this your deserts are pretty damn good, despite the fact you charge 2/3 the price of a main course.


View Gumjoy Restaurant Guide in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment